gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

...And We're Off!!

Okay, maybe we really arent "off". It is more like we are doing our warmup before we step up to the starting line. But at least the starting line is in view.

Greg and I are still gathering some information before we make any real decisions. I have to call the one agency we are really interested in to get some further information. Hopefully that will happen today. I downloaded the I600A, which is a form that must be submitted to the government so we can be approved to adopt internationally. It can take 3-4 months to get approval, and we will still have to submit more information before our application is complete, but it will be helpful to get our information in ASAP. My plan, although Greg might not be aware of this yet, is to have that submitted by the end of the week.

I talked to a friend of a friend last night on the phone for about 45 minutes. She adopted her son from Guatemala about 9 months ago. It was great to hear from someone who has been through the proceedure. Unfortunately, her process didnt go so smoothly. While everyone who adopted through her agency were home with their babies after 6-8 months, she and her husband had to wait 17 months. It just seemed that every possible hangup along the way, they somehow got hung up in each one of them. I just need to remember to be patient, that this will all work out in time, and sometimes it will be all out of my control. I hate that feeling but I know in the end the reward will be well worth it.

-Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home