gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Officially Official

Today truly marks the beginning of the adoption process. Last night Greg and I finished the I-600A, looked over it a million times, read the instructions, reread the instructions, signed, dated, reviewed one more time, and sealed the envelope. This form has to be reviewed by the government so we can get approval to adopt internationally. We still have some more information to send in before it can be approved, but finally, our first real step forward.

When Greg came home from work yesterday he said, "Are we done fooling ourselves or are we actually going to send in our application with this agency?" I had actually spent some time yesterday filling out some of the application with the agency we have decided on. Greg filled in some of the blanks last night. In the next couple of days that application will find its way into the mailbox.

The fear and anxiety is starting to set in already. There is so much that I want to do but I know most of it would be pointless at this time. I dont know how old our son will be when we bring him home so I cant even prepare for that. Tomorrow I am hoping to pick up some yarn to start knitting my first baby blanket. That should take up plenty of my time.

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home