gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Happy Halloween

Hope your family had a great Halloween! This was the first year we carved pumpkins with the kids since Greg and I are boring people and dislike carving. It ended up being a fun evening. Marcus and Will decorated two pumpkins with kits they got from the birthday party mentioned in the previous post, while Greg and I handled the knives. Greg's pumpkin was supposed to be Gus from the tv series "Breaking Bad" although it didn't turn out like he expected. I made the completely awesome witch.


The little guys were skeletons.


The big guys were both going to be Steelers players but Marcus decided at the last minute that he wanted to wear his dragon costume from last year.


I made the big kids pose with a pile of snow that was leftover from a few days prior. It reminded me of a photo my mom took one year of our jack-o-lanterns covered in snow.


Even though the snow was mostly gone, the weather was not so good. It was cold and as I was snapping these pictures it started to rain. The big guys had layers of clothes under their costumes. The little guys had their costumes covered up by their snow suits that had little bear ears on them.


It was raining pretty good when trick-or-treating started. The little kids and I caught up with the big kids and Greg when the rain started to let up. It was a good night, even though Marcus was slightly bummed we didn't hit up more houses. And I made it all the way to November 2nd before stealing any of my kids' candy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home