gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Holiday Preparations

We had a great, but very busy, holiday season around here. We kept up with some of our holiday traditions and did some new things this year. I decided to try my hand at baking holiday treats this year. Four kids and no real knack for baking? Yeah, that's me. But I did it anyway. And then I couldn't stop. I think I might still have enough cookies in my freezer to last me through next year.



Will's preschool class put on a musical that told the story of the first Christmas. He got to play the part of "Map Holder". Not sure if everyone knows this, but there were two map holders that first Christmas season. They helped Mary and Joseph pack by bringing a map to put in their suitcase. (There were also two toothbrush holders and two teddy bear holders.) Will's job was to speak into the microphone when the narrator asked what he was putting in the suitcase. His line was to say, "A map." He was fabulous.


My mom has built gingerbread houses from kits with my niece and nephew several times. This year Will and Marcus got to give building with edible objects a try. It was messy and gooey but it was fun!



Once Christmas Eve hit, we dove into our family traditions. Aaron and Sean received their first ornaments to put on the Christmas tree. We all get a new ornament each year on Christmas Eve to add to our collection. Most of the ornaments are pretty simple, but each of our kids have a special ornament for their first Christmas with us.



We got all dressed up and went to church, followed by some time with friends.


Then it was time for bed. We get our kids new pj's for Christmas Eve each year.


At last, time to settle in for the annual reading of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas before heading to bed to await Santa's arrival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home