gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, July 13, 2012

Only I Notice

Despite today being cooler and a little rainy, we were at the pool. Marcus and Will were in the pool with just two other children. My heart smiled a little bit when I realized that all four kids swimming in that pool were inter-racially adopted.

I had another one of these little moments last week, a moment that probably I was the only one to notice its significance. We were at Idlewild, an amusement park. For a brief moment it was just me, Marcus, and Sean and Aaron were in the stroller. One of the little kids dropped his drink. A worker there spoke to Marcus and said, "Your brother dropped his sippy cup." An innocent comment that no one else would think twice about but me. To me it meant that without hesitation or thought, that lady easily came to the conclusion that even though these kids of mine don't match, they are brothers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home