gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, February 27, 2006

Another Check Mark

Saturday Greg and I finished and emailed our application to work with our agency. This morning I placed our fee and also our picture in the mailbox to send off to the agency. Now we are back to waiting again!

I'm not sure how I first heard of our agency but I imagine that it was through all my extensive google searches that I came across their website. Greg and I attended a seminar that they gave one night to learn about international adoption in general, and their agency in particular. I recognized the last name of the couple that gave the seminar but couldn't quite place where I had heard it. It turns out that the family of the man grew up in the same neighborhood as my parents did and we all belonged to the same private pool. My sister works with the woman. While she was going through all the troubles of getting her family started, my sister was pregnant and helping to care for my mom who was in the hospital. Sometimes the two of them would close the door to an office and pray for each other. The couple adopted their daughter from Guatemala about a year ago through the same agency and had a wonderful experience.

From the first contact that we had with the agency, Greg and I have felt very comfortable with them. All our emails and questions have been answered thoroughly and promptly. Their main office is in another state but they also have an office nearby us. It isn't necessary to use an office that is nearby but it makes us feel more secure to know that they are a short drive away. They are knowledgeable with social workers in the area and also all the requirements for adoption pertaining to Pennsylvania law. They provide several services through the agency so we won't be left on our own to fend for ourselves.

Now we have to wait. We should only have to wait a few days this time until someone from the agency contacts us and lets us in on our next move. I am still in disbelief that this is actually happening. I wondered for awhile if we would ever have children, and now every day I feel a little closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home