gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Born in Guatemala

As many of you probably know, I love music. I love to sing even though I am not very good at it. For years I have been singing to my dog, changing words around to make the songs all the more appealing to her canine ears. Over the last few months, since I have become a mother, I have had to expand my ability to change words to suit my dog to words that are appealing to Marcus as well.

Part of the morning ritual in my household, after breakfast and some free playtime, is playtime between Marcus and me with some background music. In my attempt to keep Barney and other repetitive kids songs off my stereo for as long as possible, Marcus and I play with toys while listening to some wholesome rock 'n roll. This morning, we were listening to Bruce Springsteen, The Boss. We all know him. Once, after a lovely surprise by my dear husband, I was actually able to witness this man perform live in concert, but that is another story. So this morning, Marcus and I were busy building blocks and knocking them down, rolling a ball around the room and chasing after it, and practicing his new developing skill of pulling up. All the while I was singing along to Springsteen. That was until we got to the song on the album, "Born in the USA". Hmm... yes... did not quite apply. Using my quick whit, the song quickly became "Born in Guatemala". It was just at that time when Greg got out of bed and walked into the room. He just shook his head and reached for a donut. He understands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home