gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, January 05, 2007

Seeing Spots

It has been a crazy week in our household. Greg went back to work this week. When I first heard that he and I would be home alone with Marcus for 2 months, I wondered how if I would be able to stay sane. Now that it was time for him to go back, I wanted him to stay longer. Marcus must have wanted him to stay longer as well. The first night after Greg was back to work Marcus was up for three hours in the middle of the night - a new record! Every time I tried to hold him and comfort him, he would scream. He only wanted to be with Greg.

Another reason Marcus could have been so miserable that night was from a rash he had developed. He has had a rash on his foot that seems to get better then worse. I was putting off doing anything about it because he didn't seem the least bit bothered by it and his 9 month appointment is next week. However, when I took his clothes off for a bath on Tuesday night and he was covered from head to toe with millions of little red spots, I knew we needed to act fast. Wednesday morning he was in with the doctor. I was embarrassed by how horrible he looked. The technician had me undress him down to his diaper and when she returned to the room she was shocked. The doctor could barely get any words out as he examined my poor baby's skin. After he was done he called in another doctor to check it out as well. They weren't positive what caused the rash or what caused it to spread so suddenly so we have been treating the rash as if it could be several things. I am glad to announce that as of tonight, Friday, he is no longer red and completely spotted. He is now merely slightly spotted with some really rough, dry skin.

I just want to throw in a huge YAY for my blogger friend Jenny. They just got out of PGN a few days ago and should be bringing their little angel home soon!

I also want to remind you all that you need to wish Greg and I both a happy birthday tomorrow. Yes, if you didn't know, we have the same birthday. Just for the record, it was really cute at first but now it is not so fun to not even have my own personal special day of the year.

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home