gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, December 18, 2006

Visit From Santa

Here come Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right to Marcus's house!

Santa came to our house early! On Saturday night, up in front of our house pulled a fire truck with its red lights twirling. Over the bull horn came a loud, "Ho Ho Ho! Marcus! Santa is here to see you!"

It is something our neighborhood arranges every year. I wasn't even going to do it, thinking that Marcus wouldn't know the difference. Then I decided that snapping a few shots with a Santa delivered right into my living room was a much better option than standing in line for hours at the mall and dishing out a fortune for a very poor print of Santa and Marcus. Santa held Marcus for a few pictures and Marcus just sorta looked at him, checking him out. That was about the extent of that. When I called to have Marcus put on Santa's "nice" list, I was informed that Santa was even going to bring a gift for Marcus. I figured it would be something about the caliber of a coloring book. Wow, was I ever wrong!

After Santa left, we took Marcus into the family room to check out his gift. He sat on the floor and we put the gift on his lap. He just looked at it. Apparently the excitement was too much for Peyote, our dog, to handle. She calmly walked over to Marcus, picked up the gift from his lap, and took it a few feet away to unwrap it for him. We decided this probably wasn't a bad idea and eventually got Peyote and Marcus to work together. We took some video of the event. At least now I wont have to feel like I need to open all of Marcus's gifts this year that I wrapped myself and I don't need to feel guilty for only getting Peyote one little thing from the dollar store! Inside the wrapping was a fabulous gift for Marcus - a set of Roll-A-Round balls! This gift is made even more fabulous when you take into account that I happen to know what someone else got him this year, and he will be able to use his new Roll-A-Round balls with it!

1 Comments:
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Jenny and Matt said...

Annie, Merry Christmas! Enjoy your first big holiday with Marcus!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home