gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, November 23, 2006

The First Thanksgiving

Today was Marcus's first Thanksgiving. He woke up smiling, like usual, which always makes me smile. While I changed him, I told him the story of the Pilgrims and Indians. I hope I got it right. I think he liked the part where the two different groups of people, despite all their differences, discovered that life was so much happier when they worked together.

We were off to Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Bethany's house. Marcus was promptly presented with a brand new bib that announced that this was his first Thanksgiving for all at the table to see (just in case we forgot). Marcus was as happy as could be as he ate his Gerber finger foods, and was even happier when he got his first taste of mashed potatoes.

Tomorrow he gets to celebrate his second Thanksgiving at Grammy and Pap-Pap's house. I think two Thanksgivings this year is a complete necessity since we just have so much to be thankful for. We can't possibly fit all that thanks into just one day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home