gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, September 15, 2008

My Scattered Brain

Here are some of the random things going on inside my head that I would be more likely to write about in detail if I had the time:

- Moving company is booked to move our furniture. U-Haul is booked so we can move everything else.

- Packing is going pretty well. I think we are mostly to the point where the only things that are left to pack are things that I know we are going to need for the next week and a half... like my entire kitchen.

- Starting to get all emotional about moving. Went to the grocery store today. It might be my last trip to this grocery store. Now, I HATE grocery shopping. It took me so many bad grocery shopping experiences to locate this grocery store. (I'm just not a fan of rude checkout people and massive amounts of rude people.) I saw Bob the bagger. I mentioned him quite awhile back on my blog. He has a grandson who was adopted from Guatemala. He said he was sad that he wouldn't get a chance to see my boys grow up. Also chatted with a checkout lady that I see frequently. Will had a runny nose at the register and she even pulled out a tissue before I could locate one in my purse and wiped Will's nose for him! I just hope I enjoy the grocery store close to my new house as much as I enjoy this one. I won't really have too many options for grocery shopping in our new town.

- Will is finally making a turn for the better away from the whiny toddler stage. Either that or I am just getting better at ignoring the whiny toddler stage. He has a lot to say and is getting much more creative in his use of words. He loves people and is always making friends when we are out and about. His current favorite activities include riding his big wheel and playing with his big brother. He tries to repeat words that we say. Mostly he repeats words that Marcus says. Since Marcus is still working on his pronunciation, Will's attempt at Marcus's words is pretty unrecognizable.

- A couple weeks ago Marcus suddenly decided to start displaying typical terrible two behavior. He has been grumpy and moody and somewhat defiant. It coincided with potty training so I think that push towards doing something very big kid like that disrupted his distemper. Today was a really good day. He never stops talking now, stringing more and more words together. He talks in sentences, minus little words (the, a, is) and tells you all about his observations of the world around him. He is getting great at communicating his desires which certainly has its ups and downs. (The other day when Greg and I went out he told me in a very matter a fact voice, "Marcus go too.") He ends almost every sentence with the word "too", particularly if his thought is just one word. If he starts whining when he talks I tell him to tell me without whining. He stops, takes a deep breath, smiles and asks for what he wants in a nice calm tone. Marcus still has a few potty accidents, usually when he is really involved with playing. He's still been wearing pull-ups to bed but it is really just for my security. He wakes up even at night to tell us if he has to go.

- Today is Independence Day in Guatemala. Apart from eating Guatemalan food and talking about Guatemala every once in awhile, we really don't do anything particular to celebrate Guatemala around here. I was hoping that we could have a Guatemalan celebratory cookout around September 15th each year, just to celebrate Guatemala. With everything else going around here, that just didn't happen. Just gives me longer to plan for next year's big bash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home