gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dropping off the Face of the Earth

Good news around here. I guess we will find out soon for sure. I think we sold our house! Someone who was here at some point looking at it last week liked it enough to come back again on Saturday to check it out some more. They stayed for almost 2 hours and about an hour after they left they called to see if they could come back again. They were here again, left again, and later that night we got an offer. We played that little number game for awhile and by Sunday evening our names were signed to the offer. We still have to wait for the home inspection (which will certainly be quite favorable but really there is no way of knowing for sure) before I will be able to breathe easy that this deal is going to work out for us.

Here comes the part where I drop off the face of the earth. The closing date is supposed to be on September 26, a whopping 24 days from today. That gives me 24 days to figure out how to pack up the contents of this entire lot and get it out of here. Not only that, we don't have a clue yet as to when we can move the contents of this entire lot onto the lot that we have an offer on. Still waiting for the home inspection here to take place before we set all that in stone. If you happen to see me driving a big moving truck in circles around your neighborhood at the end of the month, that would be because we are temporarily homeless.

I didn't really sleep all weekend. My mind was too busy packing. It is just unfortunate that my mind isn't more powerful or else all the packing would be done at this point. I've moved before. Lots of times actually. Eight to be exact. Five of those moves were in the course of 2.5 years. All that practice hasn't prepared me for this. I really didn't have much stuff back then. More importantly, I was just moving me and my dog. Now it is the whole family, furniture, appliances, and a piano. A moving company is definitely in our future but we still have to pack the boxes for the moving company to take.

You know how when people get all stressed out or are faced with hardship, you always hear, "Let me know if there is anything I can do." Please say that to me!! In my experience, most of the time people aren't taken up on their offer. I promise I will take you up on yours! I'll even give you a head start. Here are a few specific things you can do to help:

- Help me pack!
- Come play with my kids and keep them occupied while I pack.
- Bring me boxes so I can put stuff in them.
- Don't get too upset when I realize I have absolutely no time to spare to post on my blog. I'll miss you too, but it is only temporary.

I guess that is it now. Already behind. I was hoping to get some packing done during nap time today but ended up spending most of the nap time on the phone ironing out things with our real estate company. Don't they know I have other things to do and don't have time to chat?? The one really great thing about this is that I don't have to try to keep the place spotless anymore!

5 Comments:
At 5:11 PM, Blogger jen said...

Hooray! And you were just about to lose all hope. Just let me know when you want us over - I'll keep the little ones occupied while you pack.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jill said...

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

that's great (well, not the homeless part, but definitely not having to keep a spotless house part)!

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Yay!

If there is weekend time that we could distract the kids or it would be helpful to have me come help you pack just let me know!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Congratulations! I don't have any boxes, but if you think I could help you pack or if I could entertain the boys outside for you to give you some packing time, I can do that. I don't believe we are that far from each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home