gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sh!t Happens

(Sorry if I offended you with my language there.)

...in this house.
Just had a crazy week. We had five showings of the house and all but one of them was during a week day. This meant lots of times I had to get myself, two toddlers, and the dog out of the house and leave a perfectly clean trail behind us. Not easy. Totally stressful. One buyer came twice because they apparently "loved the house". They asked for records on some of our bills and we really thought we would be hearing more from them. Not sure what happened. Maybe they read my last blog entry and got scared away by my carpet issue.

...on the floor.
If you don't understand, read previous post. Just wanted to update though that there is no trace of this event ever occurring other than those photos I took. Rest assured, the carpet is clean and pretty much sterilized as best as possible.

...on the weekends.
The best man in our wedding had his own wedding this weekend. It was really quite a lovely wedding. Greg was in the wedding and I only knew one guest who wasn't a part of the wedding party. I had low expectations of my fun level since I figured much of the evening would be spent alone. The in-laws were watching the kids which helped to elevate my fun level somewhat and I met some people and chatted with them while Greg did wedding stuff. One of the highlights of the evening was while we were driving through the country from the ceremony to the reception we passed a big sign that said, "Welcome to the village of Townville!" Hehe. Townville. At least I found this really funny.

...in the potty.
Yes IN the potty. I'm talking, ALL OF IT IN the potty this time. I was fixing lunch today and Marcus came running into the kitchen freaking out. I wasn't sure what the issue was (or if there even was a real issue) at first and then he grabbed the butt of his underwear. Let me tell you, I can run like the wind, even while holding a freaking out toddler in front of me. He was on his potty (which now wisely is placed on top of a door mat instead of directly on the white carpet) with his underwear down to his ankles in no time. I squatted in front of him at the ideal position to keep him seated if he felt compelled to get up this time. I had a sneaky suspicion something happened after he grunted and then a smile spread across his face. One look in the potty and there was much rejoicing! Both Will and Marcus were fascinated by what appeared in that little potty. Every time I would close the lid to try to clean up Marcus or the potty, one of them would open it right back up to inspect the contents. A little later in the day Marcus received his victory prize - his first train set.

He is all about trains these days. Check out his caboose (or engine) parked on his new train set.

He hasn't had a pee pee accident since Saturday morning and has been waking up dry from his naps. He even woke up dry this morning after almost 12 hours in bed. I'm not brave enough to go out of the house or let him sleep without Pull-Ups on but I am thinking pretty soon here I might be brave enough to let him wear shorts around the house again instead of just underwear. Timing seemed to work out great for the potty training because he certainly is not happy when his underwear are anything but clean and dry. Today I didn't even make him try to use the potty every 30 minutes. I just more or less had him go before and after sleeping, shopping, and before eating. The rest of the time it was up to him and he did great telling me when he needed to go. Hooray for only having one kid in diapers!!

...in adoption.
Got back from vacation to learn that the adoption agency that we used for both of our adoptions is done with. Not surprised really. Not a bad agency with Marcus's adoption but once we started Will's adoption, quality of service took a nosedive. Please keep in your prayers all the families that are in the process of adopting through this agency. I have mentioned Jennifer and her husband Jason who are waiting for their little girl to come home from Guatemala before. It is really unbelievable the number of setbacks that they have had and it breaks my heart that they are faced with another issue. I did get an email from Jason discussing steps that they have taken and he and Jennifer are feeling more in control of their adoption case now than ever before. Jennifer, your family is in my prayers and I am so sorry I haven't had a chance to email you personally and tell you that yet. I am thinking about about you!

...in life.
What a crazy week. My apologies to everyone that I have dropped the friendship ball with these past couple of weeks. I still like you, I do want to get together, and I really will answer your emails... somewhere between house selling, potty training, cooking, cleaning, errands, and breathing.

2 Comments:
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Jill said...

WOW! That is a lot of Sh!t!

Great on the potty training! We tried the zoo on Sunday... seriously, the weekends are not the time to go.... there were people EVERYWHERE - dear Lord. I will blog it, but sheesh, it was nutso!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is the Townville in this post Townville, PA? If so that is where I grew up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home