gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Marcus Stuff

Not that I should be surprised since Marcus was born on April Fool's Day, but I think he might grow up to be a comedian. His act will focus on his ability to do impersonations.

My dad snores - really loud. And he tends to fall asleep pretty much wherever. While on vacation Marcus got quite a sampling of his Pap-pap's massive snores. Despite the number of Pap-pap snores Marcus heard, it only took a couple for him to master the technique. Every time Pap-pap would fall asleep on the couch in our beach house, Marcus was showing us all exactly how Pap-pap snores. At one point, Marcus was doing Pap-pap's snore sound so loudly that he woke up Pap-pap! I probably won't get around to posting it but we did get some video footage of Greg asking Marcus was Pap-pap does and then Marcus going into his impersonation.

More importantly, Marcus is for really real potty training. Several weeks ago he was choosing to wear his big boy underwear sometimes but I really didn't push the issue because I decided I wasn't ready, particularly with vacation coming up. Yesterday after Marcus's nap I put some underwear on him and gave myself a helping of good attitude. Marcus's little potty seat has moved from the bathroom into the family room. I have him go about every 30 minutes and have discovered the hard way that his limit is around 45 minutes. He has been great about peeing on the potty when placed there for MONTHS so really it is just a matter of him realizing he has to go and doing the whole poopy on the potty thing which he hasn't figured out yet. As the evening progressed last night he was getting tired and had a couple accidents. But, since I had my helping of good attitude it didn't keep me from persevering one bit.

He wore a diaper overnight which I plan to continue to do indefinable. Back to underwear when he got up. Cara came over with her boys. At one point we were talking and playing and I forgot that 30 minutes had passed. Marcus told me he had to go and off we went! He did end up having his only pee pee accident as Max and Andy were leaving which was likely a result of waiting 45 minutes to go mixed with just being involved in getting people out the door. I put a Pull-Up on him for nap and over 2 hours later when I woke him up, totally dry.

I wasn't sure how things would go this evening being that we had to be out of the house for 2 hours for house showings. I put the potty seat in the back of the Jeep and put Marcus in a Pull-Up and we were off to do errands. I asked him when we got to the grocery store if he had to go but he said he didn't. Shortly after we got into the store he told me he had to go. We went and he did his business on a rather gross public toilet. (I totally wasn't ready to tackle this aspect of potty trained toddlers until recently.) After our shopping he decided that sitting on the potty in the Jeep would be cool so he hung out in the parking lot waving to people from the back of the vehicle with his pants around his ankles. One more stop at another store and afterwards he said he needed to make a pit stop in the back of the Jeep again. When we got home he was completely dry!

Marcus did make the discovery this afternoon of just how gross it is to poop in your underwear. I made the discovery of how gross it is to try to clean up someone who has pooped in their underwear. BUT! Definitely seeing this all working itself out to be a household with only one kid in diapers soon.

Oh, and we are using a sticker chart for incentive. Not sure what is so fascinating about it but apparently it is working!

(This was all Marcus's doing. The best part was when he sat down and picked up the magazine, he let out a long sigh.)

1 Comments:
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hahahaha, I'm like you, I'm ready for potty training but it appears someone else is! Ok, that picture just tells me that this guy on the pot reading thing is seriously ingrained. Ingrained I tell you!

I planned to do a sticker chart, too. I hope it works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home