gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vacation - Take 4

Wednesday - August 5
We took the boogie board down the shore Wednesday morning.

The ocean was calm once again and we only got to ride a few good waves. Marcus and I played in the waves a lot.

I also did my best to get some cute shots of the kids. It wasn't hard considering how cute they are.



The sand just kept getting hotter and hotter for that walk back to the beach house. I was wearing my trusty flip flops and walking on that dune on the way back. Then I was running, which was not an easy feat with Marcus on my back and carrying lots of beach gear. Marcus thought it was hilarious to be bouncing around but I was in tears. I burned my feet. Really burned them. There were actual blisters on the bottom of both of my feet from the heat of the sand. Not that I am overly fashion conscious or anything, but I just think those little beach shoes are funny looking. Sure, my kids were wearing them but I was not about to wear a pair of those things. That was until my feet caught on fire. My mom went shopping that afternoon and I asked her to pick me up a pair if she saw them. I was all about looking ridiculous if it meant not burning the bottom of my feet again. My mom found a really cool pair that didn't even look like beach shoes and were so comfortable that I wore them around the beach house all one evening. Best part about them, they didn't let the hot sand get anywhere near the tender soles of my feet the rest of the vacation.

That night we had a traditional beach dinner that my brother-in-law Randy makes each year. This was the first year that I was actually there to enjoy it. My mom picked up some corn on the drive down at a farmer's market so she and my sister got to work preparing that.

We also had some salad.

Randy had the really hard job of manning the grill while he drank a beer and smoked a cigar.

Mmmm... yummy food. These are kabobs with steak, fresh shrimp, fresh scallops, and veggies.


After dinner we took the pooch down to the beach for her nightly swim. Kim and Randy tried to get their kids kites to fly but there was no wind.

Between throwing the ball for the pooch, I snapped some cute photos of Will. Look, he likes the beach!



Back at the beach house he showed some fondness towards the pooch and Maria too.

1 Comments:
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Amy said...

How sad that your trusty flip-flops failed you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home