gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, August 01, 2008

Dave

Went to see Dave Matthews Band again on Wednesday. I had talked my BFF of Live Music and Televised Entertainment (aliases include but are not limited to: concertBFF and Brian) into taking the trek out to the Cleveland area to Blossom Music Center for the event. (And by talked into I mean I said, "Hey concertBFF, want to go see Dave in Cleveland?" and concertBFF was all, "Okay.") ConcertBFF and I both agreed that a good time was had by all but the concert was not legendary.

We headed out with lots of extra time to hangout in the parking lot. Our plan was to cook some hot dogs and eat some chips but neither of us were hungry so it was just some hanging out and laughing at people. We got a big kick out of these people.

During the last Dave concert I went to, I was making fun of these older people in the lot who were obviously not seasoned at tailgating. They were reading the instructions for their grill in the parking lot. Look closely at the picture above. Yep, those are young people reading the instructions to their grill. It gets better. A security guard showed up and told them they had to put their grill away because open flames were not permitted. The young guys said they weren't actually using the grill since they couldn't understand the instructions and get the thing working.

We headed into the venue (which was a very nice, green place, unlike the comparable venue in the Pittsburgh area) and we were stopped by one of the many people wearing a shirt that said, "Bama Green Team". She wanted a donation. ConcertBFF inquired to see if the Bama Green Team had anything to do with Presidential Candidate Obama. She said they weren't affiliated. ConcertBFF asked what they stood for. She didn't know. Then concertBFF started to get out some money to make a donation at which point I started yelling about how he couldn't give money to someone who didn't even know the cause for which she was collecting money. ConcertBFF gave me a look the reminded me that we are not BFFs of Agreed Charitable Donations and handed her a few bucks.

My feet hurt. I took off my shoes. Then I walked around the place with no shoes on. Seriously, the place was that nice. It was only a slightly gross thing to do and did confuse a security guard who apparently was looking at my feet.

Concert was good. I felt really dumb because I didn't know that Tim Reynolds was still touring with the band and asked concertBFF who was on guitar. To my defense, it was still really early in the show and he hadn't really started to let loose yet and there hadn't been any up close video of him on the big screen things. He was good but not blow my mind away good like he was at the last concert I went to. Carter, the drummer, was incredibly impressive. Wow. The setlist was not overly surprising or special either. Good show of course though.

And I couldn't get out of there without almost getting in a fight. Okay, so it was really far from almost getting in a fight but there are some seriously stupid people at concerts. Towards the middle of the first half of the concert this dude behind concertBFF and me told us to sit down. Then he started yelling at this guy about 6 rows up to sit down because 6 rows up guy was the only person blocking his view. I turned around and said something about how maybe he should stand up. Dude was all, "If everyone would just sit down then we could all enjoy the concert and see, don't you agree?" I said, "No!" I made sure to spend most of the evening dancing with my hands over my head in an attempt to extend my 5'2 height to something more obtrusive.

Show was over. Still had over 2 hours to drive home. Hung out in the parking lot and ate some chips and watched some people throw a frisbee. Stopped at the slowest McDonald's ever where I got which was later dubbed The Dollar and Forty-Five Minute hamburger. My BFF of Live Music and Televised Entertainment was kind enough to stay awake all but a few brief seconds of the ride home and help keep me awake by attempting to name as many animals that started with each letter of the alphabet as possible. Really, at 2:30 in the morning this is great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home