gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, July 18, 2008

Boot Camp - Friday #4

Today was the last day of boot camp. I can't believe that four weeks went by so fast. For the first two weeks it was just... well... hell. The second two weeks was like second nature. I just got up, did the workout, and felt great about it. Then of course I came home and ate like a pig. I just can't seem to get it through to my brain that just because I am working out it doesn't mean that I can eat whatever I want. The end result was a weight loss of zero, zilch, nada. Really I am okay with that though because I feel awesome. I went from wanting to die at the thought of running even a few steps to knowing that I could do more than just the one lap that our trainer told us to run. And although my wobbly bits are still somewhat wobbly, they are just the slightest bit more toned than they were four weeks ago. The first Friday of camp we did a little fitness test, measuring how fast we were at a certain drill and how many of a certain exercise we could do during a certain length of time. Today we did the same fitness test with the hopes of seeing improvements. The results are in.

Shuttle run: 7 seconds faster!
Push ups: 11 more push ups in a 2 minute period!
Plank: I held this yoga position for 30 seconds longer at the end of camp!
Sit ups: 7 more sit ups in a 2 minute period!
Squat thrusts: same results here
Squats: 4 more of these in a 2 minute period

Will I do this again? Probably not. Would I like to? Sure! Unfortunately I just don't think it is going to work out anytime soon. Since someone is going to buy our house any minute (that is me working on my positive thoughts) and there is no boot camp that is close enough to our new house, just probably not happening. Hopefully some of this workout motivation will carry over to me working out on my own. Hopefully...

2 Comments:
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Gail said...

The progress you made is wonderful!!
Congratulations!
Gail

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Way to go Annie! I knew you could finish! I understand the eating more while you exercise. Any time I try to do normal exercise I get so hungry (and I was at my heaviest when we where going to the gym regularly). Go figure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home