gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Does this for sale sign make my butt look big?

I would like to introduce you to my new best friend. We have always had a great relationship from the moment that we met. That friendship became even stronger as we added more kids to our household. Now that our house is on the market, I really don't know how I would get by without the daily visits from my friend. His name is Dyson.


Our house appeared on our agency's website on Sunday. Monday we had two agents bring people through our house. On Tuesday there was another showing. One more today. I don't know what is normal but I am thinking this activity is a good sign. Who wouldn't want our house? It is an awesome house in a great neighborhood with access to everything and a great yard! The whole idea of people I don't know walking through our house and basically judging it - without me even knowing what they are saying - weirds me out. We were joking about installing nanny-cams so we could watch people look at our house.

All these people in our house has meant that we have had to find places to go, and take the pooch with us too. On Monday the weather was kind of cool so we went to dinner at a pizza place and left the pooch in the car. Then we headed to one of the county parks and took a walk around a little island that we had never visited. Tuesday evening was also cool enough to leave the pooch in the car for a short bit so we headed to Home Depot to get a few supplies to make our house look even more stellar. Tonight it was much warmer so we went to the neighborhood park where the pooch could run and the kids (and me too) could slide. We headed back a good 30 minutes after we thought our visitors would be gone but they were still here. So we went and got ice cream.

All these people are checking out our house right around dinner time. I have been shoveling food into the mouths of my kids these past two nights so we can head out the door. Greg and I have skipped dinner which generally leads to me eating not so healthy food. Tonight my food intake wasn't so bad consisting of a salad and a banana. Oh, and that ice cream... Someone better buy our house soon or I'll have to get a new wardrobe to go with the new house.

Tomorrow is a big house hunting day. We have been casually looking around for months but haven't found anything that might be the house. I came across one online on Sunday and the minute I saw it I knew it had to be mine. Turns out it just went under contract on Friday. Our agent did some calling and checking around and suggested that if we really loved it that much we could put in a backup offer. Then today she called to tell me that the original offer fell through and the house will be put back in active status today or tomorrow! Is it a sign? Guess we will have to see it first. It isn't the perfect house, mainly because it really isn't that big. That is something that could be changed though. What can't be changed is the location and this house has location, location, location!

Off to rest up for a day of hunting!

2 Comments:
At 10:36 PM, Blogger jen said...

Oooh, oooh, I love house hunting! I'm so excited for you. And the nanny cam - you should do it, and then I want to come over and watch - or you could just throw it on YouTube, I suppose.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

that kind of activity sounds very good! Your house is so inviting with all the lovely colors,too.
good luck with the hunting. I firmly believe you just know when a house is right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home