gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vacation - Take 5

Thursday - August 7
Back to the beach! The walk on the hot sand was almost pleasant while wearing my new beach shoes. While the kids napped in the afternoon I did a little shopping with my mom. We went out to dinner that evening to Miller's which has a great view of the sound. We were not seated by that side of the the restaurant though. After dinner we went to play miniature golf. The kids were free but Greg and I had to pay. I forgot my camera so I took some photos with my mom's but I don't have them in my possession yet. Of the 18 holes, Greg and I played approximately 1. Of the 18 holes, about 9 of them resulted in a temper tantrum from one or both kids. By the end of the course, Will was content hanging out in the stroller we took with us. Marcus was getting pretty good at placing his ball 2 inches from the hole and hitting it in. I don't think I have expended that much energy while playing miniature golf ever. I don't foresee us taking the kids to play a game of putt putt again anytime soon.

Friday - August 8
Friday was the only day we didn't go to the beach in the morning. We took the kids and my mom to the aquarium.

It was a really nice aquarium but only mildly amusing for toddlers.


Check out the size of this turtle (with Marcus's face superimposed on it)!


We couldn't have a vacation day without a trip down to the beach. After the kids took their afternoon nap (and I had one too), we took a late afternoon trip to the beach. It was one of the best beach trips of the week. It wasn't obscenely hot and a lot of people had left the beach already. After Will was in the water for a little bit, he had to hang out in the sun just to stay warm.

Marcus and I spent a lot of time in the surf. We were digging for little mole crabs in the sand and found quite a few. One of them was rather large and we had a good time watching him burrow in the sand and them scooping him up again.

The waves were much more fierce on Friday so the kids didn't go past the crashing waves at all. I did and it was a blast. Even the part where I looked down and discovered there was a jellyfish in my hand and three others floating nearby. Apparently the jellyfish weren't the stinging ones. Several times when I was out there I had to dive through some waves that were crashing on my head. Ahhh! The way the ocean is supposed to be! It was a great day for playing and lounging at the beach.


Saturday - August 9
We left our beach house around 9:15 Saturday morning. After about 15 minutes in the car, both kids were whining. It was a long drive home. Will whined all but 2 hours, one hour of which he was sleeping and the other hour of which he was watching something on the DVR player. Marcus whined some, cried some, and was pleasant a good deal of the time but not nearly as pleasant as he was during the trip down. We hit some horrendous traffic on I-95, once again being completely delayed in our travel length. With 3 stops (two for quick meals and one for diaper change) it still took us 12+ hours to get home.

I still haven't unpacked or done laundry or really done much of anything but mess around with my pictures and blog. (Is it obvious I did some blogging today?) Vacation was just awesome though. It was great being with my family all week but since we all did our own thing most of the time and just hung out occasionally, we didn't get burned out from too much family. Our household is rather routine and it was great to get out of the routine for a bit. We have been back for less than 24 hours and I am so ready to take another vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home