gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, August 15, 2008

Deep Thoughts

There are lots of things I do (and don't do) in this world that I never really question. I just do them and never think to ask why. You know, kinda like when nature calls and sit your behind down on that porcelain thrown, you just kinda sit there. It never occurred to me why I don't, let's say, start screaming, stand up and begin turning in a circle. Now I know exactly why I don't do those things as I am simultaneously taking care of business.

To save the faint of heart, I chose not to post the picture here. But if you would like to see the horror that occurred in my household today, click here and hold your nose. It might stink a bit. I didn't think to take the picture until I already cleaned up a good bit of the mess so the photo doesn't really encompass completely the disaster area. And yes, that is white carpeting. Or was.

Earlier today Marcus kind of grabbed the back of his underwear and said, "Oh no!" Nothing had happened yet so I rushed him to the potty and got him a book. I suggested that he sit there for a few minutes and maybe the poopies would just come out. I hadn't even had time to get myself settled on the couch yet when he started freaking out and screaming in terror. It was at that point that he stood up from the seat and I saw - never mind what I saw. Let's just say he wasn't finished with what he had started. He of course wanted to see that which was freaking him out and he spun around in a circle. The result was poop (and some super squishy stuff at that) ending up on the carpet, on his underwear, on his foot, on a book, and all over the potty. What did I do? The only logical thing of course.

I started jumping up and down and cheering like a maniac!! It was his first poopie on (I mean, literally on) the potty!! I think I used such phrases as "That was AWESOME!!" and "That's EXACTLY what you were supposed to do!!" Marcus was rather upset at first but once he saw my enthusiasm for poo splattered all over my family room, his terror turned to joy.

Then I got out the carpet cleaner and called my mom for some stain removal tips.

4 Comments:
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

1) your prospective home buyers don't have you blog address, right? We'll keep this lil' story to ourselves! :)
2) you are not encouraging me to embark on this journey!
3) yay, Marcus! I didn't have the courage to look just yet though, like I said, I need encouragement!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger jen said...

My deep thoughts...(1)start feeding that kid something to firm things up just a bit, (2) way to freak out those of us with potty training on the horizon, and (3)I'm impressed with your composure and ability to refrain from freaking during the splatter - I probably would have said "Oh, s*!&!"
My not so deep thoughts...that's gross and way to go Marcus!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Ummm... Yay Marcus?

LOL @ Michelle's house comment.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

1. Great job Marcus.
2. Eeeeeewwwwwww
3. Quick thinking, Annie!
4. If my husband ever reads this we will never have sex again due to his fear of getting me pg. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home