gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Will!

Happy third birthday my big kid. I really want to write you a letter about how much you have grown and how amazing you are, but everything I think to write just sounds really corny. As usual, when this day comes around I find myself thinking of your birth family. I know in my heart that they are thinking of you on this day too. I know that they would be proud of you. They would smile to see the love that you have for your brother, a boy that you probably never would have met had they not made an adoption plan for you. They would see that the life you have now is merely different - not better or worse - than the life you would have had in Guatemala. Today you chatted all day long in English, a language you may not have learned. You played in the snow with your daddy and brother and dog. You learned how to play a video game. And even though you were thousands of miles away from where you were born, you still smelled the aroma of tamales cooking on the stove.

I am just so proud of you for always being who you are. Even though it frustrates me like crazy sometimes that you just won't go along with the flow, I know your way is the best way. Be yourself. Don't change for anyone, even me. Practice patience and listening every day so you can fill that smart brain of yours with more knowledge. Keep doing what you love - "playing" football, playing pretend, hugging Maya, helping others, making new friends - but remember to try new things too. Keep smiling! As you already know, it will get you out of trouble and welcome more friends into your life. Thank you for always telling me that you love me, blowing me kisses, and always always always being up for a hug any time that I want one. Never ever grow out of loving to give your mommy hugs.

Happy Birthday Will! I love you!

2 Comments:
At 11:04 PM, Blogger jen said...

:) Happy Birthday, Will!!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger JessicaLGiles said...

You are an amazing mother, annie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home