gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Third Birthday Party

We had a little family birthday party for Will yesterday. He won't officially be three for a few more days and I am living in sweet denial that my little baby boy is still only two. There was socializing and dinner and all the typical birthday party stuff... like presents!



I wasn't sure how Marcus would do with it not being his special day. I explained to him that Will would be getting presents and Will would surely share his new toys with Marcus. Marcus was a little upset when I told him but come party time, he was awesome. He helped hand Will presents and sat back to let him unwrap. I'm so proud of him!

Opening presents took a really long time. My dad picked up a football tee for Will so there were lots of kicking breaks while opening gifts. Will would open something,

and then he would take a short break to kick the ball.


Even though it took a while to get through the gifts, the family stayed entertained by being attacked with kisses by the pup.


I insisted the Will open his gift from my sister and her family last because I was afraid that he wouldn't want to open anything else. They got him his very own Steelers uniform! He was scared of it at first. He wanted everyone else to wear the helmet.



After he saw that everyone else loved the helmet, he was ready to be a real Steelers player. In fact, he has pretty much worn his helmet all morning long.


Then it was cake time! I was sure that Will would want a football cake. He had other plans.


Will wasn't so sure about blowing out the candles and only gave a halfhearted effort.


Marcus tried to lend some air but that wasn't helping. We called in the cousins to get the job done.


Will picked a blue cupcake from his cake. He used to be scared of ice cream but he ended up eating all his ice cream and only took a bite from his cupcake.


I'm not sure what color icing Marcus picked...


Marcus finished his cupcake and asked if he could eat Will's. It was a birthday party so, sure, why not! "Grandma, are you sure you want me to give you a big kiss goodbye?"


Thanks everyone for coming to the party and thank you for the wonderful gifts! Thank you for sharing your love with my sweet baby boy who can have 100 more birthdays and will still be my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home