gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, May 09, 2011

Extreme Couponing

I used to cut coupons. It really saved some money. I wish I had the time these days plan my grocery shopping around the deals at the store. These days I don't even have time to grocery shop. I make Greg do it.

I did a little research back in my bedridden pregnancy days. It turns out that lots of companies have "multiples programs", or are at least nice enough to send you things if you take the trouble of contacting them. A couple months after Sean and Aaron were born, I sent out about 60 letters to companies asking them if they had any deals or programs. Many of the letters got sent back undeliverable. However, lots of companies sent me coupons. They weren't just your regular Sunday paper coupons. The coupons were for things like FREE packs of diapers or FREE baby food or FREE wipes. I still have a stack of coupons for baby food that I figured I would hold on to since Sean and Aaron aren't showing a bit of interest in food yet.

The result of my shopping was all of this.

The total came to $93. I whipped out my coupons. I had so many coupons that a manager had to come over to approve my purchase. The end result, just $25. I realize it was a far cry from the awesomeness of the people on that couponing show on TV, but for me, it was a very successful shopping trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home