gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas #1

Nope, not behind in blogging at all. Just thought I would try to extend the joy of the holiday season well into January. Yes. That is my excuse.

We had a lovely Christmas around here. A couple lovely Christmases. Although it was exciting to get to celebrate Sean and Aaron's first Christmas, it was even more exciting to get to experience the joy of giving (and receiving) with Marcus and Will since they fully get Christmas now. At least the fun parts of it.

As usual, our Christmas morning started out by caging in the big kids so they couldn't see what Santa brought them before we were ready to witness them seeing it.

Then it was time to attack the presents!






I got a computer!

My jokester of a husband made me think I was getting a new computer at least. Further on in the present opening I did stumble upon a tiny little jewelry box that contained a haiku poem that was the beginning of my scavenger hunt for the grownup computer that I received.

I'm blaming the new computer in part for why I am just now getting around to blogging about Christmas. My lack of blogging of course has nothing to do with having 4 kids. Having 4 kids isn't time consuming in the least.

After presents at our house, we went to my parents to meet up with my sister and her family for brunch. We left everyone there and came back to our house so the kids could get a rest and Greg and I could get ready for Christmas dinner over here. Our family decided this year to try to make things simple and have ham sandwiches and other cold foods. That way, we could eat when we were hungry and no one would have to spend the holiday in the kitchen. It was definitely nice to get to enjoy being together as a family and exchanging gifts, and not have to be preoccupied with oven temperatures and timers. (Making things look effortless takes a lot of effort though. There were some long days leading up to Christmas of housecleaning and baking and cooking and planning. But it was all worth it.) And yes, there were more gifts!




It didn't take long at all for all four of the kids to abandon the toys specially selected for them in exchange for their brothers' toys. Ever change the diaper of a baby armed with a light saber? I have.


It was a busy and wonderful day. One of us ran out of steam before the festivities were even over.


And there was still one more side of the family to celebrate Christmas with! Stayed tuned for Christmas #2... which I will probably get around to blogging about by Independence Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home