gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Expedite the Operation

There has been this rumor over our heads and I keep hearing it more and more. I dont totally understand it and I'm not sure that understanding it completely really matters. All that I know is that we must act swiftly and efficiently. I want nothing more than to have my son here with me as soon as possible, and this is just one more reason to make that happen.

We got our first official notice about the Hague Convention situation from our agency last night. In a nutshell, because Guatemala is a part of the Hague Convention but not does not adhere to it fully, the adoption program through Guatemala may be shut down. The date that the US is going to act on this keeps floating around, but it will likely take place in 2007, yet there is still a possibility that it could be put off until 2008. Our agency urged us to get all our paperwork submitted ASAP to help prevent getting caught up in this situation and have our adoption process stop just short of official.

Greg and I talked a little bit about how we can get this to move along any quicker. At this point all we are waiting for is our FBI Clearances to be returned and our Home Study to be finished. The Home Study should be done in less than two weeks but I dont know how long to expect the FBI Clearances to be finished. I am kicking myself for not getting that taken care of first thing. I am doing my best to focus on what we need to do instead of paying attention to the possible consequences of things not running smoothly. If anyone is interested in sending us some good vibes and prayers for getting our FBI Clearances and Home Study done in record time, we would much appreciate it.

I had another dream about our son last night. I have been smiling all day thinking about the image I had of that little angel smiling at me, arms reaching out for a hug.

1 Comments:
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sending all of my 'hurry up FBI' vibes along with any other spare ones I have saved up. I got through my 'adoption' process so I don't need them anymore.

Kevin said the craziest thing the other night... he said 'we can hang out with Greg and Annie without the dogs' I didn't understand that at all! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home