gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Wish Me Luck!!

Hopefully I don't actually need any luck but just in case, wish me some! Tomorrow Greg goes back to work and I will be left completely and totally alone with two small kids who I will be 100% accountable and responsible for. All I really need is one good day to give me the confidence that I can do it so then it will be easier to do. Okay, so I know I can do it, I am just hoping that I can do it and it will be pleasant.

Not helping matters is the fact that Marcus has gotten this mean streak in him. He knows he isn't supposed to take toys from William, which is evident because usually he checks to see if anyone is watching him just before he reaches for something in William's hands and stops himself short if he sees he is going to get in trouble... sometimes. He doesn't quite get the whole concept completely just yet. His newest "trick" is now taking toys from William and putting them in places where no one can get them, like throwing them down the stairs or putting them under the couch. This issue has been challenging me today in just how to deal with it. I'm going to try something crazy for a few days and see if maybe this new behavior goes away. I am going to completely ignore the behavior. William doesn't get upset by the toys suddenly disappearing under the furniture so not defending his emotions isn't going to be an issue. Perhaps if Marcus sees that no one responds to his actions, his actions will stop. It is worth a try I guess. If it doesn't work, I can always try something different.

Anyway, back to the subject here. Wish me luck! Thankfully Greg has off work on Tuesday so it will be one day of just me, followed by some double teaming, followed by a short week. Let the day begin!! And if all else fails, I can put in some episodes of Super Why I taped and eat some chocolate.

1 Comments:
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Cara said...

good luck to you, i'm sure you'll do just fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home