gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Road to Recovery

Marcus has now been on antibiotics for 23 hours. I could tell this morning that things were already starting to look up. You might not think so based on his expression in this picture, but I assure you, he was feeling better.
See, his eyes were open... a little. And he is sitting up, even though he is being fully supported by pillows. He somehow managed to sleep all night long probably made a little easier by the vaporizer. He got up at 7:30 and shortly after I took this picture, around 10:00, he fell asleep in that position. He slept until 11:30 and then took a nap in his bed from 12:30 until 2:00. We have watched Curious George, Clifford, two episodes of Super Why, Happy Feet, and currently Teletubbies is on. We usually don't watch much TV and I must say, I am SICK of cartoons at this point. Marcus has managed to eat some canned fruit and one slice of banana.

Things are looking up. At exactly 3:30 today, a little bit of life returned to him. His eyes are fully open now. He is talking a little bit. Most importantly, he isn't adhered to my lap but is sitting alone on the floor, not even propped up by pillows. Thank goodness too. Seeing him so sick and knowing that I couldn't immediately fix it, only make it a little more bearable by providing hugs and kisses, was just breaking my heart.

1 Comments:
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I hope Marcus is feeling better than he looks in the picture. Poor little guy.
Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home