gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Look Who's Two!



Whoa. I can't believe that Marcus is two! I think every mom probably says that on every birthday their kid has. Last year at this time he still hadn't figured out the walking thing, was months away from figuring it out. He still doesn't walk. He RUNS!

We had a party for him over the weekend, just a smallish shindig with family. As far as I could tell everyone had fun. Marcus was very well behaved and after I showed him, he even opened the cards to his presents before digging into the presents.


We got Marcus a really cool workbench so Marcus can help with the home improvements.

We had cake and ice cream (although I couldn't convince Marcus to blow out his own candle). Last year we stripped Marcus down to his diaper and let him shovel the cake in by the fistful. This year we set him down and he promptly asked for a fork, and carefully picked away at his cake. Then he asked for more.

It was a little chilly outside but not cold enough to stop the birthday boy. Will got Marcus a turbo bubble blower which was definitely an outside toy. We took that out and Greg set up Marcus's new basketball hoop.



Perhaps it is inevitable that adoptive parents also think about their child's birthmom on their child's birthday. Two years ago, I didnt even know that Marcus existed. Two years ago his birthmom was laboring to have this child that she wanted a life bigger and better than she could provide. I wish that Marcus's birthmom could see him now. I wish there was some way that I could tell her how much we love Marcus. I wish that she could see how much energy he has and how when he does anything he does it with so much passion. I wish that she could share in the tight hugs that Marcus loves to give to me and the spontaneous kisses that he plants on my cheeks. I wish that there was some way for her to know that her son is okay, that he has a warm bed and plenty of food and lots of love. I wish that she could be sure that we think about her all the time.

3 Comments:
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Cara said...

Happy Birthday Marcus!

what a cool workbench!!!!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, big guy!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger jen said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Marcus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home