gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Topic of this Post is...

Shoes
During yet another trip to Target today, Will got his first pair of big boy shoes! They are the same style shoes that Marcus has mainly because shopping alone with two toddlers doesn't really give me much time to window shop and I already knew I liked those shoes. When we got home the new shoes were put on and suddenly Will became immobile. Then he tried to move and tripped. Then he decided to crawl. Finally I placed him on his feet. He stared at his feet for a few seconds, tried one step, and then another. Within about two minutes he was running laps laughing at the loud clomping noises his new hard soled shoes made on the linoleum.

Marcus and Will each got a pair of Jesus boots. (Most people just call them sandals but my dad calls them Jesus boots.) Unfortunately in my haste to get my shopping done I think I will have to return one pair of the sandals and get a bigger size.

Spring
Where is it? It was my understanding that it was supposed to be here. Yesterday I happened to notice while my kids were napping that my internet thermometer claimed it was 50 degrees outside. I instantly stopped writing pointless emails and ran outside with the pooper scooper and a garbage bag. After the kids were up, outside we went! We played with riding toys and bounced balls on the patio.

Then we were off to the newly scooped grass. Marcus ran, pretended to fall, laughed really loud, and used his outside voice freely. Will went racing off the patio into the grass to get the ball. And that was when he realized, GRASS WAS SCARY!!!! He made a flying leap back onto the patio and shrieked in pure terror. Eventually Will was able to determine (with a little gentle persuading by me) that grass was at least acceptable. I got him to touch it and walk on it while holding my hand. A little later we had returned to the patio again. When he stepped off this time he simply froze, which was improvement from screaming. Thankfully the weather returned to its miserable nastiness for a few days so hopefully when another glimpse of spring decides to show up again, he will be ready to enjoy some green pastures.

Words
Out of curiosity, I started making a list of words that Marcus says. I was getting worried that at his 2 year appointment his doctor would ask how many words he says and I would have no clue. Turns out that the answer is that he speaks about 74 words, not including animal sounds. He still isn't putting words together. That was until Tuesday. We were headed out after a visit with his cousin Scott and he said, "Bye Scott." Today as we were headed downstairs he said, "Bye-bye Pay." (Pay is what he calls the pooch.) Then as we were walking out of the basement he turned to a ball laying on the floor and said, "Bye-bye ball."

Will has to started to talk in a language that we can understand as well. He has been saying "uh oh" for awhile now. He started saying "shoe" and "ball" over the past two weeks. Yesterday he was running around on the patio outside yelling to the dog, "PAY!!! PAY!!!" (Recall that is what Marcus calls our dog.) Today he pointed to a baby on TV and said "baby". But, best of all, yesterday when I walked into his room in the morning he shouted "Mommy!" Perhaps I was just imagining it though because there hasn't been a repeat performance.

Yummy Food
We had a good lunch today and everyone ate happily. We had veggie burgers with corn on the cob. I even made a yummy dessert of chocolate pudding. As far as I know, Will has never had chocolate pudding. I can honestly say he enjoyed the pudding more than Marcus and I did.


When Will gets very excited, his whole body tenses up and he starts to shake. As he gets older, he has been doing this less and less. That was until he discovered chocolate pudding.

2 Comments:
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

what? you guys don't do that when eating chocolate?! that still photo is priceless! watch out Bill Cosby!

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one seriously cute video!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home