gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Milestone

Yes, so I probably should blog more and keep more up to date. If laziness is an excuse than that will be my reason for not blogging lately. I do have quite the monumental event to write about though. Will had his first haircut! I usually cut Marcus's myself but I just had no clue what to do with that baby fine hair of Will's that was total chaos from never being cut before. Greg suggested a trip to his barber and we were off.

I don't think I have ever been to a barber before. I am not talking about being there as in getting my own hair cut. I mean, never actually in a barbershop before. Maybe I went once with my dad when I was a kid. Anyway, we got there and I was feeling way outnumbered by those with Y chromosomes everywhere. There were scissors and shaving cream and clippers, but I didn't see one sort of scented hair product or curling iron in the whole place like I see in my salon. Anyway, on to the point of this post.

We ended up having to wait for quite awhile. Greg said he had never had to wait that long when he went alone. So there we were with two toddlers, trying to keep them from eating hair off the floor, while we waited. Marcus went first so he could show his little brother how it was done. He needs his hair cut every few weeks so he was used to the procedure, just not so sure about sitting alone in that booster seat while some strange man came at his head with scissors. He did great though and went from tres shaggy to tres chic in no time.

Then it was Will's turn. He sat in the comfort of Greg's lap while I cheered from the sidelines and gave instructions to the barber.

Apart from a little whining, it was a grand success! He sat still and let Greg hold his head still so the barber could get the best angles and get him looking his very best.

Best of all, now all the hair is no longer covering his ears so he has no excuse not to listen to Greg and me. The barber even combed it all into place at the end of the trim for a well groomed look.


It was a really positive experience and we will definitely be going back there for their next trim. Since it was Will's first haircut and Marcus's first time getting a professional haircut, they were presented with certificates that read: This is to certify that William/Marcus has bravely met all of the requirements of receiving their first haircut and has graduated from babyhood on the 6th day of March in the year 2008. Ceremonies too place at Tony's Hair Styling.

6 Comments:
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Cara said...

that photo of greg and william is adorable!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger jen said...

OMG...sooo cute before AND after.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

how adorable! Those certificates will be so great in their baby books!

although the graduating from babyhood part kind of made me tear up, and they aren't even my kids! LOL

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger DrBabyMamaDrama said...

William looks so cute! He's like, "What are these people doing to me?"... I love that facial expression.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Will is stylin! So no pics of Marcus's first pro hair do?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love the haircut certificates!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home