gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm a quitter

I was just mentioning the other day about how I really don't quit things. Now I have done it. I have done it big too. I quit my job.

Just call me Suzie Homemaker! Greg and I have thought about it, talked about our budget, talked about what we felt was the most important things for our family and what would make us all the happiest. In the end we decided that since we could do it, I would quit my job and stay at home with the kids. As much as I loved my job, since working part time wasn't an option I decided to work no time. There are only a few years that I will get to spend all my days with my kids, days when they WANT to be with me.

I have been on leave since November and was due to go back to work in mid-April. Not anymore. There have already been some days during my leave when I was fantasizing of dropping my kids off at day care for someone else to care for them just for a break, but in the long run I just don't want to be away from them if I don't have to. So yesterday I called up my boss and let her know my plans personally. Then I talked to HR. I still have to write up a quick resignation letter and my official resignation day won't be for another 2 weeks, but that job that I worked so hard to get and loved so much is a thing of the past.

I am so excited to get everything squared away with my job, to finish up the last few odds and ends of our adoption, and be able to just concentrate on being a full time mom. At least for a few years. (I do plan on going back to work once the kids are in school.) So, good-bye casual Fridays, hello casual every days!

2 Comments:
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Annie,
That sounds great!!
Gail

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jill said...

This HAS to feel AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go... tough decision, but well worth it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home