gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, February 25, 2008

Those Pesky Kids

Seriously... I just don't know what to do with these kids. I can only hope that one day they will be friends. As for now, they just don't seem to like each other ONE BIT.

I can't even get them to sit next to each other calmly.


It is as if Marcus is just pushing William around!


And absolutely, under no circumstance whatsoever, will they have fun together.


William and the pooch don't even get along.


But, we try anyway. Over the weekend we went to the Center for Creative Play. It was quite a great place for the kids to run around and wear themselves out. Particularly my little spirited Marcus who lives to run. The only downfall was that it was winter and a Saturday and everyone in the city was there. I ran into a woman there that recognized Marcus from day care and she informed me that it is much less hectic there during the week. Maybe I will get brave and take both kids there during the week to run laps. We shall see.

Today we hit up story time at the library again. The woman I met last time when we went was there and she told me about a program that she and her son are doing. I haven't looked yet but it sounds like something we could be interested in. It is a music program and well, I kinda like music. No idea if the kids will like it but I might have fun. [Update: Yeah, not doing that music program. I just don't see the point in spending that much money for two kids to attend a 45 minute "class" for 10 weeks that they won't even remember.] After story time was over the kids had a good time playing with the toys that the library has. Good times.

Marcus has been expanding his vocabulary. Today during snack we played a game where we named things. If he knew the word I could just point and he would tell me the word. If he didn't know the word I would tell him the word and he would attempt to repeat it. Greg and I made him say "elbow" about 100 times tonight because it was so cute.

William has been really picking up language too. I think he says some things but his pronunciation is still so off I am not quite sure. He says "more" and "oh no". Someone told him the other day he had cute shoes and he reached down and touched his shoe. Apparently he knows that word. He also consistently points to the top of his head when the word "hair" comes up. If I tell him to "come here" he generally obeys... or heads in the complete opposite direction.

1 Comments:
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I love the video and how William is trying to be just like his big brother.
Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home