gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nice Words

I involuntarily had to partially take a day off from being a mommy yesterday. I think once you are a mommy, you never really get a day off completely from the job because even if you aren't physically with your kids, you are still thinking and worrying about them. On Monday I started coming down with a reoccurring illness I have. Tuesday I got medicated. By yesterday it was in full swing. Thankfully Greg had planned to take the day off anyway because I had my annual dermatologist appointment and I wasn't about to try to take care of that with two kids in tow.

I got the kids up and gave them breakfast. As we were cleaning up I got a phone call from a friend of mine who I haven't talked to in months. I pawned the kids off on Greg for about an hour while I chatted. When I got off the phone I needed to take a shower and get ready for my appointment. I had about 10 minutes after I got myself all dolled up before I had to leave for the doctor.

I got home from the doctor just in time to get the kids down for their naps. I spent most of the evening laying around on the couch while Greg entertained the kids. At one point Greg said to me, "You are a pretty amazing person to be able to stay home with these kids all day every day." Awww. That was nice! Finally I think he understood why sometimes when he gets home from work I just need to go lay down for 10 minutes to re-energize.

Last night when Greg and I lay down for bed I told him, "Say that thing to me that you said earlier." Yes, I am amazing :) If you don't believe it, just ask Greg.

2 Comments:
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Cara said...

how nice to be appreciated :)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger jen said...

That's nice! (I do mean that in a non-smartypants way.) And of course you are a pretty amazing person!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home