gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Knitted Goods

A friend of mine from high school, Jody, had her baby shower last weekend. Unfortunately, just as I was ready to head out the door, the freezing rain started. It was almost an hour drive to the shower destination. I waited for a bit to see what the weather was going to do. It kept up the freezing rain for a bit before turning to heavy snow. I didn't go to the shower.

I did however manage to get the gift to the mom-to-be earlier this week. Among some little items she may need, I also knitted her daughter some booties and a bib. I think they turned out great!




I followed a pattern for the booties but I am too lazy to locate it at the moment so if you really want to know you will have to ask. I designed the bib myself.

And if you get a chance and have some extra vibes laying around, Jody could use some. She went into pre-term labor right after her shower last weekend. The last I heard (on Tuesday) her daughter was still snug as a bug in her womb. Jody is on bed rest for the next month, keeping her fingers crossed that her daughter doesn't make an early arrival.

3 Comments:
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Gail said...

You are so talented!! Those booties are adorable and such a unique gift.
Gail

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I hope that Jody's baby remains patient and waits until she is all grown up and strong before making herappearance.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger RD said...

adorable! I love the bright flower buttons on the neutral knits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home