gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I Don't Understand

I make an attempt to eat somewhat healthy. Kind of. I don't sit around and count calories or avoid all fattening products, I just try to choose healthy foods when I have the chance. So, if we are having pasta we almost always have whole wheat pasta or if we are using cheese, I try to look for the reduced fat cheese. I don't think that Greg could really care about eating healthy but he supports my attempt at it.

We do what I call tag team grocery shopping now. Since I Marcus would still knock over every display at the store or just start clearning off shelves, both boys have to be in a cart. If I have both kids in one cart, there will be no room for food. So we end up going as a family. I man the list and I shout out to Greg from across the store, "Grab some rice!" And since Greg understands my attempt at making healthier choices when they are available, he knows that he should be picking up brown rice.

One night this week I have decided that we are going to have hot dogs. On our last shopping trip it was Greg's duty to grab some hot dog buns. When I got home I discovered that he had opted to pick up the healthier option of whole wheat hot dog buns.

Okay, really, what is the point? I think when you choose hot dogs, it is really saying, "I just don't care about nutrition." When eating a hot dog, is the whole wheat bun really going to make a difference? I just don't understand.

1 Comments:
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm just glad that we aren't the only people who have wondered the same thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home