gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, May 23, 2008

Scream for Ice Cream!

I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream!! We don't all do the screaming for the same reason though, apparently.

I decided to surprise Greg with a little outing tonight. I didn't tell him where we were going, just that our family was headed out and it was going to be fun for everyone. It ended up being fun for most of us. We headed out to The Waterfront (one of those spiffy, outdoor shopping areas with lots of atmosphere). I don't think Greg has been there since pre-kid days and a lot of the stores have changed. He had no idea that there was a Cold Stone Creamery there, which of course helped me surprise him. (FYI - The best thing to do after feeling great about losing 6 lbs is to go out for ice cream.)

We all ordered up our ice cream and were ready to dig in. Yummy! At least that was the general reaction. It was not, however, the unanimous reaction. Turns out Will doesn't like ice cream. I am sure it wasn't the flavor - we fed him three different ones - but more the coldness of it. As far as ice cream goes, it wasn't even that cold. He had Rita's Italian Ice before and didn't seem to mind that. For a kid who would chug an entire gallon of milk in one sitting if given the chance, I was quite surprised at his complete revulsion to ice cream. It was kinda funny seeing him flip out when it crossed his lips. Being the mean mom that I am, even though he didn't seem to like it I made him eat a couple more bites. I thought maybe once he realized that it was just cold, yet still quite wonderfully delicious, he would change his mine. Instead it was torture. The rest of us shoveled the stuff in. The only other bite he got was when he was jumping up and down in his stroller and not listening. I just might have happened to feed him one more bite for punishment. Forget timeout for misbehavior! We do ice cream in this house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home