gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, May 09, 2008

Fat and Rich

This morning we were headed off to the doctor so Will could get a recheck. During his last appointment, our doctor was concerned with his lack of weight gain. The main issue being that my kid just doesn't eat. Drinking milk - he LOVES that. Eating is like an annoying thing that we try to get him to do. Not much has changed in that aspect but there have certainly been some changes in what he consumes. Our doctor suggested giving him no more than 20 oz of milk a day and not allowing him to drink during meals. I kept waiting and waiting for him to adjust to the realization that his sippy cup was not bottomless. It has been 6 weeks on this new diet and still he hasn't figured out that once his cup is empty, he doesn't get any more. As far as his consumption of food, that really didn't increase either at first. Then he got a cold and didn't eat for about two weeks. (I really wish I could survive on eating a single cracker during the course of a day.) About two weeks ago he must have been feeling better because he turned into an eating machine. When he got on the scale today, his weight was up 18 oz from what it was 6 months ago. The doctor was satisfied.

There have been a lot of cranky people in this house the past couple of days. The rainy weather was keeping us from the great outdoors. The kids were crazy, not listening, picking on each other, bending every rule, and just generally making me insane. After the doctor appointment, I was not looking forward to coming back to our house for more of the same. I thought I would stop by the office where a ex-coworker of mine worked. He wasn't there. I was really looking forward to talking to an adult and hearing the latest gossip around the business so I headed to another office run by my old company. There was only one guy there. I was able to get the rundown about what has been going on while the kids played with rocks and dirt in the empty parking lot. Interviews took place yesterday to hopefully fill my old position. I am curious to see who gets the job. Then it was time for the real gossip to be disclosed. Apparently the talk around the office these days is me. No idea even how this rumor came about, but the word on the street is that Greg is super successful, pulling in an income that is well above reality. Talk about random! In general, I find gossip about me incredibly amusing. (Well, not that time in high school there was a rumor about me making out with some loser guy behind a fire hall at a party which was certainly not the least bit true!) I must say, this rumor did not disappoint. I just feel so special that people are talking about my husband and his massive amounts of success. I told my ex-coworker that I would appreciate it if he would help inflate Greg's income even more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home