gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Our New House

I don't think I have really posted anything about our new house. Sure, it won't really be our house for another week and a half, but I'm excited (and terrified and overwhelmed) about it so, why not blog about it. Besides, my kids are all into playing with each other these days and that leaves me bored and with time to blog.

our new house

It is similar to our current house - three bedroom, two bath, ranch style, square footage about the same - but we feel it will be a better fit for our family. First of all, check out that porch! I don't even know what to do with that porch! There is also a deck off the back of it. The floor plan is much more open. At our current house we pretty much confine ourselves to the family room and kitchen all day. The dining room and living room here are separated from the other rooms and I don't like the idea of the kids being that far out of view. In the new house the kitchen, family room, dining room, and living room are pretty much all one space. The basement is currently in the process of being finished but still is a long way from being done. That is one of the things on our long long list of things to do to the house.

The yard is amazing. The house sits on 4.9 acres. Much of the lot is wooded. The house comes with a swingset as well as this super cool playhouse that is accessed by going across a little swinging bridge.

Playhouse

We have lots of privacy as it sits back behind and below some other houses. However, the driveway is connected to a big housing plan giving us access to lots of potential playmates and a big future of sending the kids out in the neighborhood to play.

Not too much longer until I'll have pictures of the inside filled up with boxes of our stuff that is going to need unpacking.

I sent out a mass email with our new address but if I know you and you didn't get it, comment with your email address and I'll hook you up.

4 Comments:
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Jill said...

ME ME ME... Pick me! I would love to send you a housewarming card to your brand spankin new address!!!!!!!!

That house is beautiful and the PLAYHOUSE... I am SO coming.. think that the bridge will hold me! hee hee!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Moving is stressful, so hang in there!!!!!!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, that's going to be a great knitting porch. all I can say if you can seriously fit a lot of knitters on that porch:) can you get a rocking chair for each of us and a few porch swings. thanks! don't you like how I'm just as in love with your porch as you? lucky, girl!

that's a lot of acreage to let the kiddies loose. again, lucky you!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger DrBabyMamaDrama said...

That porch is amazing. I would even be so bold to call it a veranda (must be said with a Southern accent, though). A couple rocking chairs, a swing and you are set. It is awesome to have that kind of land around you. Congrats!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

Wow, I'm in love with your new house too. Can I come live in the playhouse? How freaking cool is that!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home