gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Quick and Dirty

So much stuff I have wanted to post about and just haven't had/taken the time to sit down and do it. Here it goes!

- Jennifer is currently in Guatemala with her beautiful daughter Karla! That thought just makes my heart smile. She also started a blog. To check it out, click here.

- Started a tradition a few years ago of hanging out with our friends Amanda and Kevin on Columbus Day. We all happened to have the day off work. Kevin no longer gets the day off and Amanda and Greg both got forced to work on the holiday. Too bad for them. I still celebrated. My concertBFF Brian came over and we played guitar on the porch. Happy to announce, at least I am still part of the Columbus Day tradition. Too bad for the rest of you.

- Melissa came over today with her kids Grant and Sophia. Haven't seen them in forever and now we live closer to each other so we better quit with the excuses. This was only the second time I got to hang out with Sophia. What a sweetie. She wanted me to pick her up just before they left. Greg was home "sick" from work today and I was trying to show him how awesome I looked with a little girl on my hip. Not sure he was going for it... at least not yet. We seriously could use some more estrogen in this house, don't ya think?

- Marcus's imagination has been completely cracking me up. The other day he asked to take Bear outside. I said Bear couldn't go outside. Bear didn't even have shoes on. Marcus put his shoes on Bear. Then I explained that Bear could go outside but then Marcus would have to stay inside because Marcus didn't have shoes on. Marcus put his shoes on and left Bear inside. Yesterday Marcus helped Bear use the potty. He held Bear on the potty and started making grunting noises. He said, "Bear poop." Then, "Marcus wipe Bear bum." I gave Marcus a little piece of toilet paper so he could wipe Bear's bum. Then he took a close look at Bear's bum and shouted, "Oh no! Dirty mess! More wipe!" This evening we were watching Jon and Kate Plus 8. The little kids were getting ready to go to pre-school. Marcus was flipping out and yelling at me, "Marcus school too!" He was getting really mad at me when I kept telling him he could go next year. Time to put that imagination to work. I got out Marcus and Will's backpacks and announced we were all going to school. The kids took a seat at their little table and I got out notebooks so they could draw what they did today. Wonder how much longer I can get away with pretending to give Marcus what he wants and that satisfying him?

- Went out last night with concertBFF to see Tim Reynold's and his band (TR3) at Hard Rock in Pittsburgh. Decent night. Wasn't totally off the wall about the show but enjoyed some really fine guitar playing. Probably would have enjoyed a solo Tim show better. Didn't get home until about 1am. The kids didn't seem to get that they should have slept in today. I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home