gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trolley Ride

My mom came over yesterday and we didn't have a thing planned. Suddenly we decided to head out to the Trolley Museum. We were packed up and out the door in 10 minutes. Okay, so it took a little longer than that...

I had never been to the Trolley Museum or even ridden a trolley. Sad really since that was pretty much how my mom and dad got around here when they were little. For something that is such a big history of my town, I was most certainly never a part of it. The kids were all about it since we told them that we were going on a choo choo ride.

We just missed the pumpkin trolley so we took a ride on a different trolley first. We were the only ones on the trolley for a few minutes and the driver guy let Marcus and Will ring the bell and blow the horn. (Just a little FYI, my kids are really happy. They just choose not to smile or laugh or really show any joy in most pictures. You will just have to trust me when I say they had fun.)




We hopped off that trolley and got onto the pumpkin trolley. We were with a group of people and lots of little boys that were all in the same age bracket as Marcus and Will. We took another short ride and got to stop and watch a real train coupling up with some cars.

When we got back a lady took our group to pick pumpkins. It was kind of funny because I was expecting a pumpkin patch. Nope, it was just a little grassy area with some scarecrows and hay bales and a bunch of pumpkins sitting around for choosing.


We took our pumpkins inside and got to decorate them with little sticky things, pipe cleaners, and markers. Marcus and Will were only mildly interested in that. Mostly they wanted to play with the miniature replica of a trolley.



Pretty cool little outing. Definitely got our money's worth since the kids were free and it was only a couple bucks for Mom and me. The trip was geared towards younger kids so we might do it again next year but probably will be boring to them in a few years. I had fun though! Marcus was still talking about the choo choo ride today too so I am thinking he liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home