gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Weather Outside is Frightful

There is no denying it. Winter is here. There is so much to love about winter! The snow! The crisp cool air! The holiday season! The... uh... hmm... there has to be something else favorable... hmm... So maybe winter was a whole lot nicer pre-active toddlers that need to run.

I woke up yesterday to this:


While walking out to take the picture, I saw tracks from three deer in the snow. I've been waiting to see some deer in our yard. Apart from a quick glimpse of one running away a few nights ago, no such luck. I got the kids out of bed and all of my babies were in a dazed wonderment about what they saw out the window.


Over the weekend we started getting ready for our indoor confinement for the next five months. We reassembled our ball pit/sliding board thingy that my kids got for Christmas last year.

Our basement was in the early stages of being finished when we bought the house. Even though it isn't pretty, it still is quite functional for a play area. I have a feeling we are going to be doing lots of playing down there.

About 10 hours after getting up yesterday and snapping that picture of the kids looking out the window, Marcus ran to the window again. He started yelling, "Deer! Deer! Deer!!" About 15 feet from the edge of our porch was a deer just hanging out. I ran for my camera but the pretty lady had moved before I got back. (As excited as I was, you would think that I never saw a deer before in my life.) All I managed to get was this bad shot through the glass of my side door.

3 Comments:
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Gail said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - at your place anyway. The snow is beautiful!! It was about 70 degrees here today. It really makes getting ready for Christmas difficult.
Gail

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

Oooh, I love winter! I wish it snowed here in NC. That first snow is always so pretty.
Oh, and Frank always makes fun of how excited I get when I see a deer. Like I haven't seen a million before. You're not alone.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Alli yells DEER now, and I don't even get up.. I think that they told all of their little deer friends that we are NOT going to kill them, so they hang out in our woods and have parties! lol! It is beautiful here in the winter, but a serious pain in the ass! Your house sure looks good in the snow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home