gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Tidbits

There has been a million little things happening around here that really aren't worthy of their own blog post. I keep putting off writing them but here it goes.

- I'm excited about Christmas this year. I was pretty excited last year too since both boys were home and Marcus at least was old enough to open his own presents. Now we have two boys that will be digging into everyone's presents. I'm so excited that I already got a lot of my shopping done. I am completely done with buying for Marcus and only have two more things to get for Will. Both of those items are sitting in my cart at an online store and are ready to be purchased. I suspected that this year I wouldn't be able to buy things for Marcus while he was with me. It was confirmed. I tried to distract him while I tucked the item underneath the cart. The item was train related. When we got home Marcus kept saying, "Choo choo car. Get it." I kept pretending I had no idea what he was talking about.

- A couple weeks ago, Marcus started using the word "both". I held up two books and asked which one he wanted to read and he said, "Both books!" Now he talks a lot about both hands and both feet and both toys. It is one of the more complex observations and words that he uses.

- We had some great weather this week which meant lots of playing outside. Unfortunately it felt like November today and when we went outside we were in winter coats and hats. Earlier this week we were in t-shirts. I love our yard. We can spend so much time out there and move around from activity to activity. There is the play house, the swing set, the porch, the garage (which is great for riding toys), the woods, and just lots of room to RUN! The other day I was trying to do some yard work and the kids were quite happy entertaining themselves. One big downfall of our big yard, is lots of yard work. We inherited this:

That is what I get to see when I sit on my front porch. Really, what in the world am I suppose to do with that? There are weeds in there that are taller than I am. Sure, I am not that tall as far as people go, but as weeds go, I am a giant. I thought I would get to work at clearing it out a little now so maybe in the spring it won't be quite as scary. I just had to keep my head down while I worked because if I looked up and saw how much more there was to do, I would be too overwhelmed to continue. I got a patch cleared out that was approximately 5 feet by 10 feet. It looks like I did nothing. While I worked, mostly the kids did this:


- I now know what "boys will be boys" means. I remember wrestling with my brother when I was a kid and I figured that it would happen regularly with two boys in the house. However, I wasn't expecting it to be happening all the time already. We quickly went from having a few instances of rough housing between the boys to them constantly tackling each other. This results in a few bonked heads but mostly it is just fun. Will has decided now that the best way to get Marcus's attention is to randomly run up to him and tackle him. The only person who enjoys this is Will.

- Marcus has decided that he doesn't need to take naps. I was trying to encourage shorter naps because he was having problems going to bed at night. It kinda backfired though. A couple times he has gone without napping and remained civil for the rest of the day. That is usually not the case. I make him stay in his bed for 2 hours during nap time and leave it up to him whether he naps or not, so at least he gets a rest. I wouldn't really care if he napped or not except that he really needs to nap and I get to deal with the repercussions of him not napping.

- One day last week Marcus decided not to nap and really needed to nap. I ended up putting him back in bed around 4:45 because he was just a mess. Greg wasn't home from work yet and I got to spend about 30 minutes alone with just Will. I really never get to spend time with just one of my kids. Will was a totally different kid than I thought he was. He was having these really lengthy conversations with me that sounded like, "blah dippy dap dodo la tata outside dobba doob dappy couch la la teta dipdap sky". It was a great story. He used lots of hand gestures and everything. He didnt have to worry about being interrupted or someone screaming over top of his voice. Greg came home and ended up getting out the video camera so we could capture some solo Will in action.

- Karla is home! After a LONG time in the process, at last they are together forever. I probably should have mentioned this awhile back but somehow got caught up in my own life. Go check out their blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home