gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, October 24, 2008

More Adoption Talk

As any adoptive parent will tell you, the more time goes on the less you think about your kids' adoption. The adoption is something that happened in the past. After that is over, they are just your kids. Before the adoption I read a lot about raising adopted kids and interracial families. I am sure a lot of it will be more important when my kids get older and start asking questions and have friends with questions and such. I was all prepared in the beginning for how I would answer questions from strangers. Then I didn't get any questions. Every once in awhile someone approaches me about my kids' adoption and I usually try to write about it here because this did start out as a blog about adoption. Until this week, it had been a couple months since someone has made any comments about the fact that I am Caucasian and my kids are Hispanic. Then it happened twice this week!

I was at the grocery store with my kids this morning and had the following conversation with the cashier:

Her: Your kids don't look anything like you.
Me: No, they don't.
Her: They must look like their dad.
Me: Yep, funny how that works out sometimes.

Now, I really have no clue what either of my son's birthfathers look like but I am pretty certain that they got some physical characteristics from their birthfathers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home