gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, November 07, 2008

Election Day

Unless you have been living in a cave, I am sure you know by now that there was a presidential election in the US this week. This is only the third presidential election that I have been old enough to vote in. (Yes, I am youngin'.) This was the first presidential election that I really supported one of the candidates. In the past elections, I tended to be more against one guy so I voted for the guy that I didn't particularly like but was not the guy I really didn't like.

I took the kids with me to vote. Just me and the kids. I realized after the fact that it was probably an insane thing to do. I pulled up to the polls and there were cars everywhere. We had to wait in line for about 20 minutes. The kids were being really good. So good that I even let an elderly lady cut in front of us. I told the kids all about voting on the way, knowing they were unlikely to absorb any of it. The entire time we waited in line Marcus kept asking if he and Will could vote. After about the tenth time, I told him that in four more presidential elections he could vote.

When we got home from voting, it was time for a photo shoot to capture the day my Guatemalan Americans got to do something very American.

This shot is called, "What?!?! My guy might not win???"


"I'll just self medicate my anxieties with some of this 'funny tea'."


"But you HAVE to share your tea! Please?"


"But look how cute I look when I cock my head to the side."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home