gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Various Activities

I have a post rattling around in my head but just haven't gotten around to writing that post. In the meantime, here are some things that we have been up to around here:

1 - Crafts. I keep all our craft supplies in a cupboard and normally I don't think to get craft stuff out. Marcus has been regularly reminding me that we should do "artwork". I'm really glad this is something both the kids currently have interest in with the cold weather.

2 - The weather was so cold that we skipped out on the town Christmas parade last night. I thought I could probably bundle the kids up pretty well and keep them toasty but then I would have to stand out there in the cold too and I really didn't want to do that.

3 - Oh how I hate Wal-Mart. There wasn't one anywhere near my old house and I didn't really miss going there. Since I have been back here, I have gone to Wal-Mart twice and hated it both times. How can you go into such a huge place and feel like you are being choked to death?? We were there yesterday and I felt like I was in some sort of social experiment. Christmas music was blasting and around every corner things were jumping off the shelves into my face and screaming, "Buy me!" I was in there to buy two things which made all the attempts of the products to persuade me all the more irritating.

4 - We ran out of Wal-Mart as fast as we could and went to Toys 'R Us which was somehow less irritating. They have this train table set up at Toys 'R Us so the kids played there for about a half hour. Nothing like a little free entertainment for my kids.

5 - I'm making tamales today! Most of them are going to be frozen. We will be eating them on Christmas Eve for a traditional Guatemalan meal. This is the first year we will be having Christmas Eve tamales and I plan to make it a tradition. I am using this recipe.

6 - The pooch has been feeling a bit under the weather, I think. About two weeks ago her appetite dramatically changed. Then she went back to normal for several days. Then back to not eating much. I called the vet on Monday but they had a doctor out and I wasn't able to get an appointment until next week. Behaviorally, she seems totally normal, even better than normal really. Yesterday she was playing like a puppy and wasn't the least bit bothered about the kids hanging on her. Her tail was wagging all day long. She's getting up there in age so of course that worries me too.

Off to make some tamales. But first some pictures since I haven't posted pictures for a while.

Decorating the Christmas Tree:


Marcus teaching Will the correct technique for hanging ornaments:


Will trying on his own:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home