gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Halloween

Halloween has come and gone. Thankfully I have pretty agreeable children in certain aspects. They don't really have too much of an opinion on what they are for Halloween. Marcus was full of suggestions this year. The absolute best of which was when he suggested that he dress up as a stink bug. If only I was feeling more creative these days... I came home from a consignment sale with a couple of costumes and both kids were thrilled. They were just excited to get the chance to dress up and could care less what they got to be. I have a feeling that this might be the last year I get to make this decision for them.

Notice those ever important flashlights they are carrying since it was daylight the entire time during trick-or-treat. Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I swear when I was a kid it was actually dark outside when we went door to door.

Marcus kept asking what I was going to dress up as. He wasn't satisfied when I said nothing and insisted that I could be a butterfly. I agreed, as long as he made my costume. My little consumer said, "You don't MAKE costumes. You BUY them." Well, we showed him. With a little help from Greg, Marcus and Will made my costume.

I'm not a very aerodynamic butterfly these days.


Since my dad's birthday is the day before Halloween, we sandwiched our trick-or-treating between birthday dinner and cake and ice cream. (Actually, I didn't even do the trick-or-treating this year, just sat on the porch at my parents' house. I definitely partook in the dinner and ice cream though.) My dad was thrilled to have all his grandchildren around to blow out his candles for him. He said, "I didn't even have to waste any of my own hot air on that!"


Happy Birthday, Dad!

1 Comments:
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

You're not nuts, it was dark on Halloween when we were kids. Bush extended daylight savings time, so we don't change the clocks now until the 1st Sun. in Nov. and the 2nd week of March. It used to change in Oct. and April. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home