gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chocolate the Bear

Marcus had a school project he participated in recently. Each student got (or will get) the opportunity to bring home the class bear, Chocolate, to take care of for a weekend. Chocolate has his own backpack filled with clothes, diapers, toys, a bottle, and even a toothbrush. Chocolate also comes with his very own journal to record his (real or imagined) adventures. The students can narrate what they did with Chocolate over the weekend and have an adult write it in the book. Come Monday morning, they get to tell class about all the fun they had with Chocolate. Marcus LOVED the responsibility of showing Chocolate a good time. He cried when it was time to take Chocolate back to school. There were a few arguments as we tried to explain to Will that Chocolate was Marcus's friend to take care of. Our dog also showed great interest in being Chocolate's friend and tried to cuddle with him every chance she could get. Along with some words describing the good time Marcus had with Chocolate, we also included some pictures. Here is Chocolate's adventure at our house, as told by Marcus (with a little help from me).

Friday - I brought Chocolate home from school today. I played with Chocolate. My brother Will and my dog Maya played with Chocolate too.

I went to the park to play with Sophia but Chocolate stayed at home. Chocolate had just brushed his teeth and put on pj's and didn't want to get dirty. When I got back I took a nap, and Chocolate napped by my bed. Chocolate played with toys after nap and ate pork and milk for dinner. I rode my bike with Chocolate. We wore helmets to be safe.


Saturday - Chocolate got a good night sleep last night. Chocolate almost had to go to timeout this morning. He was standing too close to the TV and wouldn't move when asked. I watched "Blues Clues" with Chocolate. I played outside with Chocolate. I went on the slide with him. I rode my bike with him. After lunch I did my chores. Chocolate didn't help me vacuum because he doesn't have thumbs but he still helped. I played with stickers but they were too sticky for Chocolate. I went shopping with Chocolate and we bought toys and planes and costumes and race cars and race car tracks. We were tired and took a nap. For dinner today Chocolate drank milk from a bottle. Before bed we played Hide & Seek. Chocolate hid in the footstool!

Sunday - I went to the park with Chocolate today.

Chocolate slid with me. I pushed him a swing really high.

I didn't brush Chocolate's teeth so I had to remember to brush after dinner. Chocolate watched a squirrel in a tree today. Chocolate watched the Steelers today. Tomorrow I'm taking Chocolate back to school. I'm going to miss Chocolate. He's my friend. I love him.

Marcus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home