gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Babies

Greg and I headed off on a date the other night. A romantic night on the town? A movie? A concert? Nope. We went to Magee to have anatomy scans (ultrasounds) done on both these little babies. The two of us don't go out alone that often so it was about as close to a date as we get.

We sat and stared at a fuzzy black and white TV for a couple of hours. I had to take a few breaks since I was stuck laying on a table in one position all that time and it got rather old. Heart rates were measured. Bones were measured. Heads and placentas were measured. Various organs were inspected. Even the babies upper lips and noses were checked to see if there were any abnormalities. The end result was a clean bill of health for both these little babies.

And we just couldn't resist the pull of curiosity to find out just what gender these two little people are. We were both in shock when it became quite clear that Marcus and Will will be getting two new brothers! Neither Greg nor I were feeling strongly about the genders of these new kiddos but figured odds were there had to be at least one girl in there. Team blue all the way! Even Marcus was surprised and told us that he thought there would be one girl and one boy.

Greg and I headed off for a dinner out on the town since an ultrasound really wasn't a proper date. During dinner and the car ride, we came up with all kinds of reasons why being the parents of four boys is just perfect for our lifestyle.

1. With a three bedroom house, we can easily have two boys each in each of the two extra bedrooms. Since they are all boys, we can even put Marcus in a bedroom with one of the babies (when the babies get older) and Will in a room with the other.

2. We have A LOT of boy clothes already. Or at least some from 6-12 months and A LOT from 12 months up.

3. Both Greg and I are way more into dump trucks and sporting events than we are into princesses and tap dancing.

4. We never have to pay for a wedding!

5. With a girl, you have to worry about all the boys in the whole world. Now we only have to worry about four boys.

The shock of it all is slowly wearing off. I woke up the morning after the ultrasound and the first thought in my mind was, "Wow, two more boys." I've gotten all sorts of comments - anything from laughing at me to encouraging me. I have to say the best comment was from a mother in a playgroup that I attend who told me that with four boys, I'll be headed straight to heaven!

1 Comments:
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

Wow! I must admit I chuckled a bit. :-) Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home