gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, September 04, 2010

My Boy Jenny

It all started a few weeks ago when the phone rang during dinner. I glanced over at the caller ID and determined that it wasn't a call worth answering. Marcus asked if I was going to answer it and I said, "Why, is it for you?" He said, "No."

Then from across the table Will said, "It's for me. It's Jenny."

Jenny? We don't know anyone named Jenny. "Who's Jenny?"

"It's Jenny. He's my boy."

And just like that, Jenny became an important part of our lives. Will tells us about his boy Jenny all the time. Jenny has been through a lot. Jenny even had to go to the hospital at one point to get a black band-aid after a girl pushed him down while playing soccer. There are other days when Will has nothing to report on Jenny, telling us only that he didn't see Jenny because he lives "way far away".

When we were gearing up for that first day of school, Will changed his mind often whether school was something he wanted to do or something to be dreaded. Then we told Will that we heard that Jenny was going to be at school. He couldn't wait. After that first day I asked him if he played with his boy Jenny. "I see Jenny. He my boy. Jenny is really cool!"

The best news is that even though no one else around here has ever met Jenny or knows what he looks like or where he lives, we can get a hold of Jenny any time we need to. Just call 867-5309!

2 Comments:
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

imaginary friends are the best kind. They don't make a mess, you don't have to feed them, and they are very quiet.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger JessicaLGiles said...

omg, that is the most hilarious thing i have ever heard. jenny is a lucky boy to have will as his bff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home