gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Secrets We've Been Keeping

As mentioned previously, I had the joy of spending the majority of my beach vacation in the lovely Outer Banks Hospital. I was admitted Tuesday of vacation week as a result of a reaction to medication I had been taking. I found myself in the most horrendous pain I have ever experienced and can not imagine pain worse than that. I was also having various issues like an imbalance of sodium in my system and kidneys that were just not functioning correctly. I dealt with a lovely staff of nurses and one fantastic doctor, in addition to one awful doctor who attempted to discharge me every time he was on duty despite the fact that I frequently screamed in pain, couldn't eat or drink, and my kidneys were not functioning. I hung out at OBX hospital from Tuesday morning until Friday afternoon, at which point my father-in-law and his friend flew down to the Outer Banks in a small plane to evacuate me. Three hours later I landed in my town where my mother-in-law was waiting. (Greg, the kids, and my parents were all still at the beach.) (My in-laws are the most fantastic people ever.) After spending a few hours in my bed I decided the hospital was a better place for me. The local hospital decided that the best place for me to be treated was at Magee at which point I found myself in an ambulance being taken into Pittsburgh. I remained there all Saturday and was finally sent home feeling much better on Sunday. Good story? It gets better.

Turns out the entire time I was hospitalized, there really wasn't much they could do for me other than manage the pain since I am pregnant. Yep, that's right. Me. Pregnant. We decided about a year ago that we were going to look into this route of expanding our family. Due to some health issues, we weren't even sure I could get pregnant but we tried. It worked. And apparently it worked really well since we are expecting twins!

So that is what I have been busy with lately: making babies. It hasn't been the most glamorous task what with the several days in the hospital and the type of morning sickness that I thought only existed in horror films. (If there is not a horror film about someone with morning sickness, there should be.) We have quite a long road ahead of us due in part because I am carrying twins, but also because of large risks that my health issues place on carrying a pregnancy to term. We have just been trying to take things one day at a time and already that has gotten us here to week number 12 of the pregnancy.

Meet the newest members of the family who are currently named Thing 1 and Thing 2.

Thing 1 was a lively little person when I had the pleasure of seeing him/her last Friday. The small white blob above Thing 1's feet is the top of Thing 2's head.


Thing 2 was much more chill last Friday, preferring to sleep mostly, and show off his/her cute little fingers, although not in this picture.

9 Comments:
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Emmy said...

Annie!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and I'm sure Marcus and Will are going to be wonderful big brothers! Sorry to hear about all of the issues you've been having, I hope that you have a smooth road for the remainder of your pregnancy.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

They are beautiful! Hello little babies!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Alethea said...

I'm so very excited for you!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

So, so excited for you! Marcus and Will are going to be great older brothers. I hope the horror movie morning sickness is coming to an end.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you, the boys are going to make excellent big brothers. Hope that your horrendous morning sickness comes to an end soon.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Oh wow. Congratulations! That's awesome. Marcus and Will are going to be great big brothers. Best wishes.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger April said...

Congratulations Annie!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger C said...

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Congrats! Its been some time since I read your blog = got here via drbabymamadrama. so I had to go back to read your announcement! Hope all is well and the rest of your pregnancy goes smooth!

Sheila

 

Post a Comment

<< Home